In 2013 we were given an award by the Environment Agency to give in memory of Bob Marshall one of leaders (who worked at the Agency) who died at the end of 2012. We will be deciding the winner at the AGM. It will go to the participant at the Exeter Open Award Centre and the Exeter FC groups (the two that Bob was involved with) who has made the most “outstanding achievement” in doing their award during the year.
Outstanding achievement can be interpreted in any way you like, e.g. difficulties overcome, most money raised for charity, selflessness on the expedition, success in one of the award sections . Only written nominations will be considered. Feel free to nominate yourself, your child or a fellow participant.
- This 5-day, 5-night DofE residential combines theory with practical, hands-on experience at the zoo, focusing on key transferable skills to take away.
- Challenges include teamwork, small group work, presentations, leadership, problem solving and, of course, the chance to get up close and personal with a wide range of creatures.
- Food and accommodation is provided at a nearby scout hut where participants can enjoy quality food and homemade puddings!
- Accommodation and food
- Transport to and from Blackpool train station at both ends of the DofE residential, if required
- All transfers to and from the zoo
- Five days at the zoo completing a range of practical and theory-based tasks
- The chance to feed, handle and experience a wide range of animals
- A portfolio of evidence and written reference from the zoo to take away
Cost = £678
Book your place in an Open Programme
Every year the YHA is looking for volunteers. This can count as your residential. Take a look