EOAC Privacy and How we use your personal details
As required by the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU GDPR regulations, this is a publically available statement of how we hold, process and share personal information supplied by DofE participants registered with us.
We hold personal details of all participants registered through us both in paper form and on PCs.
This information may be shared with following organisations:
- Devon County Council [DCC] (the Licencing Organisation through whom we deliver DofE)
- SPACE (the NFP organisation delivering DofE for DCC)
- Supervisors and Assessors directly involved with expeditions. All these people have been approved and DBS checked by DCC
We will ONLY use your information to contact you regarding your DofE Award to help you complete it.
We will discard your information once one of the following conditions is met:
- You inform us that you no longer want to take part in the DofE program
- 12 months after you transfer to another delivery organisation (to allow time for queries)
- 12 months after your Gold award is completed and presented (to allow time for queries)
Next of Kin Information
We need to hold details of a participant’s next of kin, in case of accident or injury, especially duriny expeditions. This is classed as “Vital Interests” within the act and does not need consent, however it will only ever be used & shared in an emergency situation.
Where a participant is under 18, we require their application to be made jointly with a responsible adult.
We will only use this information when we are unable to contact the participant directly e.g. they do not respond to emails or other messages.
The information will not be shared with any other organisations.
Any information registered with and entered on EDofE is the responsibility of the DofE organisation and we have no control over it’s accuracy or use. Please contact DofE directly with any data protection issues.
For any other requests or general queries, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org